Sunday, November 20, 2011

Being Liquid

What does public access to our beaches mean to me?
This is something I've been given the opportunity to really think about.

When I am out in the water, I am a part of it. I am the Ocean. I feel the tides ebb and flow, I feel the currents run through me, I move with the breaking waves as one. 

This is the most intimate relationship I have ever experienced. Having access to this liquid being is essential to all life.

My life.

I have the utmost respect for the Ocean, it's power, beauty, and life are of the greatest significance. Humans have tried to understand, own, and control the water, but you can't, and they never will. 

Our coasts will not back down. The Ocean will always fight to be free.
I will not back down. I will always fight to be free. 



When the Ocean is Free,
Only then am I Free.