Thursday, August 11, 2011

Eyes, Ears, Mouth, and Nose.

I've been doing a lot of driving and visiting lately (approx. 700km up, down, and across Vancouver Island). Upon leaving Tofino, I have been back to Denman for a day, then down to Victoria, where I visited my Wifey and played in her garden:



We were weeding and surprisingly found about 10lbs of rouge potatoes that we made a fabulous lunch from with onions, leeks, and garlic from the garden, accompanied by a salad as well.

After getting my fix of Discovery Coffee, seeing HP 7 pt. II with the lovely Lo & Wife for a second time, and BBQing with the best company, I left on a much bigger ferry then I have been used too, and headed for the mainland (for the first time in over a year). Off to the big city I headed to see one of my favourite bands, Beirut, play at the Commodore Ballroom! The show was most excellent, and one that was on my list of things to see before I pass. My favourite songs were played, and I was with a group of 7 pretty awesome people, so I am happy to say my Vancouver trip was very enjoyable. Now I am back in Nanaimo, and will being getting a ride up North, and return to my tiny island.