Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I miss LAB

     Warning: This post is just me whining and complaining about how I hate the process of growing out my hair.

     I have been growing my hair out. Long. Something I haven't done in a hand full of years. It's proving rather difficult, frustrating, and extremely boring. I am in the in between awkward length where I am tired of wearing it down and boring in a lame bob, but I can still somewhat pull it back into a stupid stub of a pony tail.
     
      I love having a short, fun, funky salad tossed upon my head. I also miss getting my hair cut by the fabulous Katie Schaan at Lab Salon in Victoria. The entire experience of getting my hair cut is fantastic; it's the time I take to really pamper myself, and feel luxurious. The brilliant staff, the head massage and shampoo is always amazing, and then the excitement of changing the fringe that I see everyday. I love trying new things and even trying something a little outrageous like when I had this hair:


     It was so fun! Although I must admit having my hair a bit longer does make me feel so much more feminine and pretty. Not that i didn't before, just the short purple cut doesn't quite give the same feel. I think I am just going through getting-my-hair-cut-withdrawals.
I miss it dearly.
     But I must stay strong, and keep holding out on the hair cut if i want the long locks, which I so badly do.