Friday, July 8, 2011

Oh The Places You'll Go

I have completely lost track of what month, day, or even what time it is. In the last two weeks I have been all over the island/s and I'm not even back home yet.
I have been so fortune as to have the sun follow me everywhere I go.

After leaving Victoria I spent a few nights at the lake gardening, and cooking with my second mom, and even went out tubing on the lake - something I haven't done in years.
My mum picked me up and we finally made it to Denman Island where I met everyone and set up my tent!
Sooner after I took my mum's car over to Tofino to visit friends and get some surfing in.
 Being surrounded by fog as I walked to the water's edge, not being able to see the swell, let a lone the ocean that was supposed to be in front of me somewhere out there, with my surf board under my arm, was one of the coolest experiences I've had. Once in the water and looking back to shore I had lost the point where sand and water met, and could barely make out the dark contrast of the trees against the sky. In the morning few other surfers were at the beach, and none close enough to see once in the water,  leaving the waves to myself, at one point I felt I had left to a whole new world made of water and waves and I wanted to stay and play forever. I paddled past a large pinkish jelly fish I was careful to avoid and a curious seal even came my way and checked me out, my first wildlife encounter while surfing, making my heart race a little bit(actually a lot). Soon however, the sun broke through the massive white grey blanket and cleared the sky, and I returned back to Cox Bay, out of my new world, the beach became visible again, and I watched Peter Devries surf a 100m or s0 away from me.  

I always have the best time in Tofino, and have already started the westcoast withdrawals being back on the eastcoast of the island, back in the Coastal Douglas Fir Biogeoclimatic zone.



Although I have not made it back to Denman yet, I'm in Nanaimo now, visiting my sister and babysitting my niece Araya, and her two dogs Roxy and Coach. Tomorrow we will all head back up Vancouver Island and go to Denman together.

I have been seeing so much of my family lately which has been really great reconnecting with everyone, although I miss my friends back in Victoria  a lot, especially my dear Wifey Kimberwolf (who I have a skype date with today:) !), and Mr. Jones. I am also having Discovery Coffee withdrawals, with not just the coffee but the staff and sitting in the cafe for hours just visiting, drinking great coffee, and reading.

I am looking forward ot returning to Denman Island, and getting my hands dirty in the garden.