Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tiny Island

I am really enjoying little island life. I've been working in the garden, doing some landscaping, and eating the most delicious food three times a day. Oh gosh I am so lucky to be here.
I've got my tent all set up and somewhat organized, it looks like this:
 I'm using a tote as a dresser, the lid for a table, and I've got a little mattress to sleep on.
I made a book shelf out of a box, and a nice cozy plaid blanket as a rug/carpet, and there is a mat outside of my door for my shoes. I hung some small pray flags across the ceiling, and usually have the plaid flannel my wifey gave me hanging up so it feels like she's here when I miss her. I also have a hammock that needs to be set up somewhere. 
The tent is orange and always seems to glow like a late sunset, and makes me feel warm and cozy.
I have a great view of the meadow out the front: 
 And the forest out the back:
Deer often come by, I hear them walk past the tent. I'm done in a far corner of a nice meadow filled with oxeye daisies. It's beautiful:
 So this is it, home for the summer, and I am so happy. I have also met some people that are around my age which is nice, and have some friends now who seem really awesome! And I found someone who has a sail boat and wants to teach me how to sail! I think I am going to have a great summer!