Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Smitten with my kitten.

As days pass my list of things to do grows.
This week it has been an exponential growth.
Today I got a good look at the beginning of what taking six courses REALLY means.
A whole lot of work. Not to mention a lot of money.
It's not a bad thing, just an observation, or rather realization.
Me realizing I can kiss my social life good-bye at any minute.
Or second, actually, there it goes. It's gone. Just like that.
Snap.

The first half of this week has been really great. I prepared a plethora of agar plates for bacterium  culturing, including a soil sample from my compost. I thought there would be some bacteria of interest residing there.
I learned about the many many different types of maps, which I am fascinated by. 
I cooked a fairly impressive meal (by my standards) for a special someone.
My contemporary dance classes resumed, and we are working on my favourite choreography yet! I also think i am going to join my instructors company!
Today my afternoon was spent on the rocky beaches looking at rocks on a geology field trip, I went for lunch with The Pod at the Pink Bicycle, and my kitty cat (Carbon) moved in this evening. I even managed to get in a short run, and stats and geography reading too.


My days have been long but productive.
My mind is being expanded and imaginative.
My heart is curiously smitten.
And I am happily home with my kitten.